Why spend money on expensive air fresheners when what you need to make your home smell super fresh is in your pantry. Here is our top five suggestions. If you have some other good home remedies for scenting your house, please leave a comment.
- Add a drop of Vanilla Extract in a piece of aluminum foil and put in a warm oven. Instant smell of home-baked cookies!
- Put citrus peels in your garbage disposal and run it.
- Simmer cinnamon sticks, orange slices, cloves and a little water in a pot.
- Set whole vanilla beans or tea bags into drawers to rid musty odors.
- Take essential oils like rose or lavender, combine with water in a spray bottle and mist.
Posted in Products
Tagged air fresheners, cheap, easy, expensive, home, house, money, natural, scent, smell fresh, top 5
Because there is nothing fresh about them.
My version of hell is being locked in a room with air fresheners in the wall sockets. Even one device might do the trick. They are so strong. They often will invoke a severe headache for me within minutes.
Even if you don’t have my aversions to air fresheners you may want to consider the possible health and environmental risks they could pose.
Here is a posting on Washington Post’s website about some of the ingredients in air fresheners and the possible risks associated with them.
When I want my house smelling good I bake cookies or use a drop of vanilla. There’s nothing like the smell of fresh chocolate chip cookies, yum! Do you have any all natural house scenting tricks? I’d love to hear them!